[gthumb-list] Fwd: Re: cropping horribly slow

don't forget to send to list...

-------- Message original --------
Sujet:  Re: [gthumb-list] cropping horribly slow
Date :  Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:01:17 +0100
De :    Rasmus Steinke <rasi xssn at>
Pour :  matthias hawran net

Odd... i am not using any kind of compositing - plain openbox right now.
Driver is nvidia binary driver.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:42:19 +0100, Matthias Hawran <matthias hawran net>
wrote:

Le 15/12/2010 17:44, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak a écrit :
On 12/15/2010 11:36 AM, Rasmus Steinke wrote:
hi... installed gthumb today and love it for its speed and
functionality.

But i have major performance issues with the Crop tool. Drawing a
rectangle can take up to 30 seconds.
Moving the rectangle or resizing it can even lead to gthumb not
reacting
at all for a while.
In its current state its totally unusable for me.

I am using latest stable release on arch linux 64bit and my specs are
pretty much high-end (i7 cpu with 8gb ram)

Am i the only one suffering under this and is there a workaround?

It works fine for me. I haven't heard of any similar issues, either.

You can try things like disabling compiz if you are using it, or using
the minimal "vesa" xorg driver, instead of your normal video driver,
to see if it makes any difference.

- Mike

Very fluid here, no hassle.
Using a simple low-end dual core 1.4 GHz, 2G Ram, integrated Intel
GM965/GL960 graphics

Matthias