Re: [gthumb-list] Weird error

On 08/20/2010 05:46 AM, Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
2.11.90

$ LC_ALL=C gthumb
Error: Directory Panasonic with 12544 entries considered invalid; not read.

I think I haven't any directory named Panasonic...

This is probably a warning generated by exiv2. Metadata inside photos is often organized into internal "directories" - not a filesystem directory, just a grouping of metadata inside the file.

Some metadata is very non-standard, and exiv2 may not recognize it.

The warning is probably harmless.

- Mike