Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb development

don Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
Could you tell me how could I begin making some little developing on
gthumb?

Install eclipse? use geany?

is there anything written somewhere on the web?

I just use vim, edit the source code, and re-compile. You can use your favorite editor - vim, emacs, geany, whatever.

Much of the UI is defined in glade files in data/glade. Use glade-2 or glade-3 to edit these graphically. You can also edit the glade files with a text editor, for simple changes (to rename the scale dialog, for example).

When you are happy with your changes, you just run "git diff > my.patch" to save the changes to a patch file.

The gtk/gnome functions are documented here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/references

For example, I often refer to the gfile documentation:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/unstable/GFile.html

I like to run "cppcheck" every now and then:
cppcheck -a -q -s --unused-functions src libgthumb

This checks the source code for stupid errors. It generates some false warnings, however.

This should get you started!

- Mike