Re: [gthumb-list] the ext branch is now public

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak ha scritto:
All these problems combined together have brought me to the conclusion
that rewriting the code from scratch was a better choice that trying to
fix the current code base. At the beginning it was very experimental

Paolo,

Since you're rewriting everything anyway... can we replace gdk-pixbuf, and move to gegl or something similar (vips, for instance)?

gdk-pixbuf only supports 8-bit rgb, which is inadequate for raw images and newer formats (jpeg2000, even some tiff files).

It would also be nice to use the tiling features of these libraries, to allow viewing of huge images without loading every single pixel into memory.

Just a suggestion...

- Mike

this seems like a nontrivial change that will require too much time for the current development series schedule, maybe in the next development version.

- Paolo