Re: GTetrinet proper UTF-8 support patch

Hi Vidar,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 05:41:12PM +0100, Vidar Holen wrote:
> I've made a patch to support UTF-8 in gtetrinet (latest cvs). Previously it
> would refuse to send and display foreign characters unless LC_CTYPE was set
> to iso8859-15 (they'd just disappear). I fixed it up to use UTF-8 internally
> and over the network, so now it works properly with runic, thai and most
> importantly, scandinavian characters. A few of the locale related FIXMEs were
> fixed in the process.

This is great, a very much needed patch. :)

> Not quite knowing where to go with it, I attached it to this mail. Please
> redirect me if I missed :)

We have a mailing list, Cc:'d now, where people tend to send comments.

> I tested it slightly, with the same and older versions, and it seems to work
> for nicks, teams, party line, in-game chat, nick list and attacks and
> defenses, as well as between clients with different locales. If you find
> anything broken and don't bother fixing it, let me know.

Thank you!

> Hope you'll accept it,
> Vidar Holen

Hopefully! Dani, what do you think?

> PS: I also attached an updated version of nb.po, the Norwegian bokmål
> translation.

I'll commit this straight away. Thanks!
Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/