about themes

Hi,

I've just installed gtetrinet, and I'm wondering how it is you're supposed to
create a theme. There are many examples of how to do one for windows tetrinet,
in a .tnp file, but gtetrinet simply says to put new themes in
~/.gtetrinet/themes. I've put a few different kinds of files there (pictures
in .png and .bmp, .tnp files) and none of them are picked up by the theme
chooser in gtetrinet. How do you install a new theme?

Thanks,

-Paul Schultz