[alex stt org: gtetrinet and "qualified client"]

Hi guys,

Alex is working on a Cocoa tetrinet client (woot!) but is having
problems with the client check at tetrinet.org. Can anyone help?

jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I'm in the process of writing an OSX version of tetrinet, based (in part) on gtetrinet. Not much actually comes from gtet itself, because I'm writing the whole thing in (mostly) pure Objective-C/Cocoa. I've gotten pretty far with it;

So far I can auth a tnet server (using the encoded login string... I actually used an encoding algorithm very similar to the JTetriX Java server)... I can get the newgame string and parse it just fine. All my block frequencies get set properly, and (mostly) the timer is set properly (Cocoa NSTimer objects only have resolution of about 50ms, so it's not quite as accurate as gtet).

My problem is that, despite the fact that when logging on to tetrinet.org I get the standard repeated dropping of "square" blocks to completion, filling the field w/ random blocks, and (I think) sending it properly (along w/ a playerlost message) I still get an unqualified client error.

My question is this... what exactly does it take to be a "qualified" client? What specifically is the server looking for?

All the other message handling and most of the interface is in place... if I can get over this one little hurdle I'm only about a week away from a public beta:)

If you're interested (since it's a derivative work, technically... though the amount of code I've used from gtetrinet is very minor) once I get the domain registered I'll send some info as I plan to link the gtetrinet page on sourceforge right along side the links to my own source.

Thanks for any help you might offer,

Alex <alex stt org>