Re: Critical messages on application exit

Hello,

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 09:27:55PM +0530, Saiful B Khan wrote:
I am using gspell for my GTK application written in PyGObject. It works as
expected
for the most part. But when the application exits, for each GtkTextView
that had a
GspellTextVIew attached, it spews this following critical error message:

gspell-CRITICAL **: _gspell_inline_checker_text_buffer_detach_view:
assertion 'GTK_IS_TEXT_VIEW (view)' failed

I am using a subclass of GtkSourceView for my work. My GObject C is not
strong
but I think this subclass should still pass the `GTK_IS_TEXT_VIEW` check.
The code
for setting up spell checking in my application is:

    spell_checker = Gspell.TextView.get_from_gtk_text_view(self)
    spell_checker.basic_setup()

I think this is the simplest way of doing it, right? Because spell checking
and other
features work just fine (more efficient than GtkSpell, might I add).

It could be that there is nothing wrong with gspell but that my SourceView
objects are getting garbage collected before the spell checker has a chance
detach itself. I don't know if this makes sense for introspection
keybindings.

Either way, I felt that I should notify the developers of gspell about this.

If you have a small Python program that is obviously correct and that
can reproduce the bug, then it's maybe a bug in gspell.

--
Sébastien