Re: building gspell

Hello Catonano,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:04:06AM +0100, Catonano wrote:
in trying to build Gspell for Guix ( https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/ ) I
run into this error

starting phase `check'
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be
created.

it seems that the builder user is required to be root

While the Guix buuild environment explicitly provisions for thhe buuild
user NOT to be root

Can I build Gspell without my user to be root ?

I've never seen that error, and I don't build gspell as root.

As far as I understand the error occurs during `make check`? Some unit
tests in the testsuite/ directory depend on GTK+, it's maybe why it
needs a GDK backend (here X11).

Anyway, gspell is similar to GtkSourceView, maybe look at how
GtkSourceView is built in Guix?

Best regards,
Sébastien