Re: Git mistake: wrong commit message

On Fri, 2019-11-08 at 13:13 -0500, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
I just made a mistake while merging an update to grilo-plugins' DMAP
module. I used the following commit message when merging into master:

      dmap: add support for password-protected DAAP and DPAP shares

This should have been:

      dmap: update to libdmapsharing-4.0 API

I cannot force-push an amended message to fix this because of the
respoitory protections. Would someone else please change the former
the later?

No, nobody can, it's not allowed in GNOME git. You best bet would be to
revert that commit, and file a new merge request with your changes.

I would have expected support for the new libdmapsharing not dropping
support for the older version for example.

Thank you, and I am sorry!

This is probably a warning that you should wait (or ask if you've
waited long enough) for a review next time. The CI's tick isn't really
a review...

We're all busy, and we're all behind on doing reviews, but pushing
without reviews isn't going to make the code any better.