Re: Pandora, iHeartRadio, Spotify, etc. and Grilo

Hey Michael,

On Sun, 2017-01-08 at 17:22 -0500, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
Has anyone looked at the popular Internet radio services such as
Pandora
and iHeartRadio to determine which would permit their use from Grilo
plugins?

I don't know of anyone who looked into this. There's a number of
requests for different sources:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=grilo&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=source%20requests&list_id=181705

 We have a Spotify album-art plugin; is there work towards a
Spotify media-streaming plugin?

That's not planned, as the streams from Spotify aren't directly usable.

I wrote the DMAP plugin. I might have time in the future to write
others,
and I am interested in seeing what work is ongoing.

That would be great. I advise you to use Lua to write your plugin(s),
as that's what we prefer from simple sources. It's easier to modify and
test, doesn't have memory leaks, and has a smaller API making it more
secure as well.

Cheers