Re: lua-factory: the analysis of the changes proposed in #753141

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 01:00:36PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 22:40 +0100, Victor Toso wrote:
2. The async methods like grl.fetch can't work without OS, even
though
they don't require them directly. So you can't fetch anything
during
e.g. grl_source_init()

Agreed. Bad design.

Why would you fetch something in the source init? You wouldn't do that
for a C plugin, I don't see why you would in a Lua source...

The `bad design` comment is due the fact that you can't use it although
you can in a C plugin.

Fetching something (async) which might be necessary for plugin
initialization is a use case: In C you could unregister the source in
case of problems... in this source would be registered but would always
fail the operations.

As for the rest of the API changes. I don't mind the internal changes,
but I'd really like to keep the API changes, and thus the changes to be
made in the plugins to a minimum.

I agree.. but I'm unable to see a way that the grl.callback could stay
as it is from George's implementation.

Best,
  toso