Re: Problem With File Browsing through Grilo

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 17:28 +0800, Rakesh Dhanya (RBEI/ECP2) wrote:
> 1. if I use grl-filesystem plugin, the metadata for many audio files
> is being printed as NULL. (It prints for some files and is blank for
> some others)

Each source can handle its own set of properties. Thus, some plugins can
resolve GRL_METADATA_KEY_ARTIST, but others not. And even in the case
that a plugin is able to handle it, could be that for some specific file
simply it can't get the value for the key.

Glancing the code you sent, I see that you ask grl-filesystem for a set
of keys, but then you print then without checking if the media result
really has that key or no. Thus, if it doesn't have the key, it returns
a NULL value.

I suggest to use grl_data_has_key() to check if the element has the key
before printing it (or do not print if the value is NULL).

> 2. If I use grl-tracker plugin, then there are no results (Despite
> configuring tracker to search in specific folders through
> tracker-preferences it always looks for files in /usr)

Maybe tracker is not well configured, so the plugin doesn't work
neither.

What returns "tracker-search -m" ? It should return all the media files
you have indexed.

If you need more "real-time" help, don't hesitate to join #grilo at
irc.gnome.org

	J.A.