Re: External URL vs. Site

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 12:43 +0200, Jens Georg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit confused about external URL vs. Site.
>
> Is external URL supposed to be something where you can watch movie for
> example and site would be the studio's promotional website?

Yes. "External URL" is the place where you can find the video to play
it. That's because sometimes you can't play it directly, so you need to
go to page where, among other information, it contains the video to
play.

"Site" is like the "homepage" of the media. It could be the studio's
promotional website, or in some case it can be the same as the external
URL. That depends on the source. The idea is that "site" is the place
where you can get all the information and details about the multimedia
element.

> If we take "Here be Dragons":
>
> Would http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752V173e31o be "external_url" and
> herebedragonsmovie.com the "site"? Or is site something completely
> different?

Exactly. You got it. "external_url" is the YouTube page containing the
video to play, and "herebedragonsmovie.com" is the homepage ("site") of
the movie element.

	J.A.