Re: RFC: Operation Options API proposal

On 25/03/2011 13:12, Iago Toral Quiroga wrote:
>>> Or maybe I
>>> am not understanding its purpose well.... Also, what is 'key' and what
>>> is 'value' in the case of a filter with no arguments? (Like the filter
>>> by types you considered originally)?
>> could be something like:
>>   grl_caps_test_option_int (caps, "type-filter", GRL_FILTER_TYPE_VIDEO);
>> (or would we need a test_option_enum?)
>
> Aha, so for an artist filter we would have something like this then?
> grl_caps_test_option_string (caps, "artist-filter", artist)?

It might be something like that, unless we want filtering on artists to
be more subtle in a way that would require some more complex structure
instead of a string.
In such a case, I think it would be simpler to create a specific test
function like grl_caps_test_artist_filter (caps, artist_filter); where
artist_filter is an instance of some complicated structure (or we could
have each member of this structure be an argument to
_test_artist_filter() instead of passing the structure).