Re: RFC: Operation Options API proposal

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 09:33 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:

> >  - Should we use GValue or gpointer?
> >
> > Please tell me if there are other aspects that I forgot.
>
>  GValue would make things more complicated for the user with no gain,
>  I'd go with gpointer.
>
>  I think the proposal is good. I would start the implementation and
>  then, if we find issues we may need to adjust some bits.

Not a very strong opinion, but I would stick with GValue. It is what it
is used in GrlData, so user would be used to do it, and not doubting
where GValue or gpointer must be used.

Also, I think most of time users will use the get/set_string/int
wrappers, so relying in gvalues doesn't seem to make there lifes
complicated.

And finally, the GValue comes with the type of data it stores: user
don't need to do any trick to check what it's the expected type in
gpointer.

Of course, all above advantages are not really important ones, as I
could myself argue against them :), but I slightly prefer this option
than gpointers.

	J.A.