Re: Operation options (filtering, sorting and more)

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 11:10 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:
>  I guess you get the idea: put all (most of) the things that define
> what
>  a source is capable of behind a single object/API with an entity of
> its
>  own.
>
>  Then, I think we should make the sources declare their caps in a way
>  consistent with the API/object the clients are using. Basically it
> would
>  mean that we should merge things like these supported_keys,
> slow_keys,
>  and maybe other vmethods in GrlMetadataSource into a single function
>  be implemented by sources that returns a caps object.

So summing up, means putting all the "capabilities" we had so far in
that new GrlCaps place, so clients queries this caps to get what is
supported by source.

In some way, extending Guillaume's proposal of caps for options to
include other kind of capabilities, like slow_keys, supported_keys, and
so on.

Well, it sounds good for me.

	J.A.