Re: Operation options (filtering, sorting and more)

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 17:26 +0100, Iago Toral Quiroga wrote:

> Notice that even though I proposed that I did mention that we should
> support ranged dates :). There I was using things like this:
>
> min-date = X and max-date = Y
>
> so I only use the '=' operator from the API POV, but I am actually
> doing
> a < AND > comparison in the end. I think we need to cover this case
> (and
> maybe others) because it fits in what I would call "basic filters".
> And
> I mean the date filter case, not just any ranged filter like bitrate >
> or something like that. Maybe duration could be interesting too, not
> sure.

Maybe having a RANGE operator would be enough. Something like:

RANGE(min, key, max) ==> min <= key <= max
RANGE(NULL, key, max) ==> key <= max
RANGE(min, key, NULL) ==> key >= min

having it, I don't see why we need to restrict it to dates: we could use
it with other keys.

The point would be how sources can tell they support RANGE on which
keys.

	J.A.