Re: Operation options (filtering, sorting and more)

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 15:04 +0100, Guillaume Emont wrote:
> > I am not sure if the operation options should also consider the
> > operation type (browse, query, etc), right now I don't see a good
> reason
> > for this, but maybe there is one.
> You could always imagine some back-end that behaves differently for
> different operations, would it be for sorting, filtering, or some
> option
> we have no idea of for now but might want to add in the future. Also,
> some options might make sense only for some operations (if we include
> skip and count, they won't make sense for metadata()), and it might be
> good to have core check for that.

Actually, I think there is one example for that.

We are proposing adding skip, count and even flags in the options. Well,
if flag is added there, then it means that mostly all operations will
require this options parameter.

In the case of metadata(), where the flags are used, probably sort and
filtering makes no sense. And is in this operation where the plugin
could state that filtering is not supported, nor sorting.

	J.A.