Re: [grilo-plugins] Metadata source for Tracker

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 17:17 +0000, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 15:18 +0000, lionel g landwerlin linux intel com
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here comes a serie of patches bringing metadata source support for the
> > tracker plugin. It gives some more metadata while browsing your
> > filesystem through grl-filesystem.
> >
> > Any comment is welcome.
> >
> > Regards,

Some comments:

- I would keep the name "Tracker" instead of "TrackerMedia"

- may_resolve() is a bit weird. I understand that, in order to resolve
the keys, you need to know the URL: if it isn't known, then it would be
returned in the missing_keys.

- An optimization I would add is not to resolve content coming from
Tracker media source. The point is that if some key couldn't be resolved
in Tracker media source, it won't be solved in tracker metadata source.
Thus, just returning FALSE in may_resolve() when content comes from
Tracker (it can check the "source" key) would prevent the resolve() to
be invoked for tracker content, and thus making it faster.

Other than that, sometimes is a bit difficult to know what's going on in
each commit. Maybe a good idea could be to reorganize the patches before
sending them to mailing list. Of course, if this causes not problem,
because i realize sometimes it is a very hard work, so in those cases it
isn't worth.

	J.A.