Re: [Multi-valued V2 (grilo) 02/12] core: Create relations between keys

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:50:21 +0100, "Juan A. Suarez Romero" <jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
(...)
 /**
+ * grl_plugin_registry_register_metadata_key_relation:
+ * @registry: the plugin registry
+ * @key1: key involved in relationship
+ * @key2: key involved in relationship
+ *
+ * Creates a relation between @key1 and @key2.
+ *
+ * It makes sense when using multiple values: means that for each
value in @key1
+ * there must be also a value in @key2 (which can be NULL).

Relations exist independently of whether we are talking of multi-valued or single-valued properties (even if these come in handy particularly in the multivalued case), so I would use this description instead:

Creates a relation between @key1 and @key2, meaning that the values of both keys are somehow related. One exampleof a relation would be the one between the URI of a media resource and its mime-type for example, they are both tied together and one does not make sense without the other. Relations between keys allow the framework to provide all the data that is somehow related when any of the related keys are requested.

Iago