Re: Proposal for change notifications

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 17:06 +0100, Juan A. Suárez Romero wrote:
> > Why not just emit GSignals ?
> > Even if we still use such callback mechanism within
> Grilo/Grilo-plugins.
> >

> Yep, I completely forgot about it. We do not use gsignals because not
> all plugins can send the signal. gupnp works in a similar way.
>
> Told this, I thought about using also the gsignal way, so Grilo would
> offer both ways. Of course, this would be done without adding an extra
> effort to plugins. So in case of doing it, I would do later.

Which leads to an alternative: forget about the
notify_add()/notify_remove(), and just use gsignals, as told by Lionel.

Application developers could use the supported_operation() to check if
the change notifications is supported by the source. If the user
connects with the signal, but the source doesn't notify about changes,
it won't never invoke the callback.

	J.A.