Re: Padding public structures to avoid ABI breakage

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:33:20 +0000, Iago Toral <itoral igalia com> wrote:
Hi,

first, happy 2011 to everyone here :)

now, I'd like to start working on padding our public structures to
avoid continuous ABI breakage.

FYI: I have just pushed this.

When adding new API from now on, if that new API requires changes in public structures (like new vmethods in a gobject class or new fields in a gobject structure, etc) please, remember to reduce the padding so that the size of the structure remains unchanged.

Iago