Rework of full resolution
- From: Guillaume Emont <gemont igalia com>
- To: grilo-list gnome org
- Subject: Rework of full resolution
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:39:10 +0100
This patchset reworks full resolution in the following ways:
- _key_depends() is deprecated by a new _may_resolve() that provides more
information and cleaner semantics, fixing bug #640667 
- the functionality of grl_metadata_source_setup_full_resolution_mode() is
split into two parts, grl_metadata_source_expand_operation_keys() and
grl_metadata_source_get_additional_sources(). One being called before the
operation, and the other one after.
I have started work on proper unit testing of this, based on test sources I had
already started , but as it is a very lengthy task, I have decided to
postpone it for now. Instead, I ran some tests with grilo-test-ui trying to
cover most of the common cases that happen with the current metadata providers
we have, and things seem to run smoothly.
It now gives real usefulness to plug-ins such as lastfm, gravatar or
local-metadata, since they are now called and able to provide information that
the media source claimed it could get but didn't manage to get (common with
e.g. upnp or tracker).
] [Thread Prev