Re: Expectations for Grilo plugins that require passwords

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 23:11 -0500, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Is there any way to support this case? That is, neither the application
> nor the user anticipates the requirement for a password. Instead, Grilo
> learns that a password is required after observing a DNS-SD record
> (I think the applications should not be directly aware of DNS-SD; only
> Grilo should be).

Hello, Michael.

Right now, Grilo doesn't offer such case out of the box.

I can figure out a couple of ways to afford this problem in your case:

a) When trying to access the share through browse(), return an error
telling the share is password-protected. The application would get the
error and launch a dialog asking for the user/password, and then
relaunching the browse.

b) Implement the signaling system you're talking about in the DMAP
plugin. That is, DMAP plugin can read the DNS-SD record and, if a
password is required, launching a signal. Application would be listening
this signal and showing a dialog to get the password.

Probably there are other issues we should fix, but roughly speaking,
maybe we can try with some of above options.

	J.A.