Re: Inspecting options supported by plugins

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:24:53 +0200, "Juan A." Suárez Romero <jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 13:58 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:
> Regarding how to implement it from plugin POV, I think we should
> allow
> plugin developers to do it either from code, or from XML (the first > would override the second). But that's my opinion, of course. If you > really think we shouldn't use the XML for this purpose, fair enough.

 Yes, I really think we should not do that.

Excuse me, but "we should not do that", are you meaning adding code to
provide a way of knowing of supported options in plugins? Or is this
fair for you?

I was talking about the XML files here.

As for adding programmatic ways to expose the configuration options, I am not against it, but I think it is not the most important thing to do now. Also, Lionel confirmed he does not need that. I find it more important to document the plugins properly with gtk-doc (something we had in our TODO for ages and we have not done yet) I think that should take the priority here. So, I am not against adding this feature, but I think gtk-doc should come first.

Iago