Re: Caps and Options update

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 07:51 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:

>  In that case, ok. FWIW, I think of pagination and flags as something
>  that are expected to be there for any source, I expect them to be
>  options but not caps.

Just take this comment with care, and discard it if it is a non-sense :)

Since GrlCaps contains plugins capabilities (that is, features that some
plugins can implement and others not), and GrlOperationOptions contains
options (choices that user may freely desire to use or not), and that
flags and pagination is something that all plugins must implement, and
users must set (in the case of flags, not setting it is like setting to
GRL_RESOLVE_NONE), I wonder if it is too premature to get rid of those
options from the browse/search/... API and put them in those
caps/options.

I know that we already mentioned about that, but I'm still not very sure
if we need to do it right now, specially when we are not thinking on
making them an option in the near future.

But as I said, just ignore this comment if you still think it is worth
to go with that ;)

	J.A.