Re: removing noise from grilo

El vie, 03-09-2010 a las 12:04 +0200, Víctor M. Jáquez L. escribió:
> As discussed in b.g.o. 627864, there are a lot of trace messages along grilo
> and grilo-plugins.
>
> IMO those traces are just noise and they should be removed. Meanwhile Damien
> suggest create another logging level for trace messages.

We should probably remove some of those messages, yes. Still, I think
Damien's proposal makes sense, for I still think having a tracing level
would come in handy some times, even when I don't think that it has to
be extensive.

> IMO tracing is not needed. If you want to trace, you probably need profiling,
> and for that there are tools for it.
> Any way, what should be do? a) remove trace messages; b) add the trace log
> level

I would do this:

- Clean the debug messages (remove those that are totally uninteresting)
- Create the new tracing log level.
- Replace GRL_DEBUG by GRL_TRACE where appropriate.

Iago