Re: [Fwd: RE: mafw-grilo-source available]

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 22:23 +0100, Xabier Rodriguez Calvar wrote:
> > 1st - Suggested enhancement - The YouTube support is great.  Is there any
> > way to get it so that a user could authenticate with YouTube to get their
> > favorites, etc?

We already discussed this feature time ago. I think it would be great to
have such feature.

> As said, Grilo does this. Anyway, even if they implement it I won't be
> able to cherry-pick those changes as they use GData now and the one in
> Fremantle is very old and does not work with that code.

What about porting GData to Fremantle? Last day I was playing with
Meego, which comes without GData. But it was very easy to get latest
version and install on it.

> > 2nd - Shoutcast seems to have some limit.  When I look at the different
> > SHOUTCast categories, it goes to down to 'Classic Metal'.  For some reason
> > it appears to be cutting off additional categories.  I'm not sure where the
> > problem lies, but it is worth looking into.
>
> I'll take a lool into it.

I had noticed that problem too. I thought you were adding some kind of
limit to shown results.

> > 3rd - It appears as if the filesystem plugin doesn't manage to handle
> > remotely mounted systems (sshfs, etc)
>
> It is not the intention, but a good idea would be the creation of any
> GVFS plugin, though we promise nothing.

I actually wonder if it is worth to do it. GIO is replacing GnomeVFS, so
it seems it will become a dead source.

Anyway, if someone with lot of passion wants to create one based on
current one, I will kudos him. :)