Re: Plugins' info in XML

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 12:56 +0200, Joaquim Rocha wrote:

> Together with Juan I've been figuring out how to have a more flexible
> way to set plugins' information.
> By information I mean the id, name, description, author, ... that is
> exported from each plugin.

I would like to add here that by "flexible" we mean that plugin
devfeloper can specify just a subset of all properties, and even more,
adding specific user-defined properties.

Thus, if someone finds a very useful property not contemplated in
current plugins, he just to add it to the XML and voila! it can be used.

Other interesting feature about using XML is that a user can "patch" the
xml files in order, for instance, to localize strings, or even change
it.

	J.A.