Re: GObject Introspection and GrlKeyIDs

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:21 +0200, Simón Pena Placer wrote:
> Yes, I meant that, and I was afraid of that: doesn't look like the
> extensible and dynamic approach we were following: how would you add
> another function to retrieve a key you just added?

If you mean having something like grl_metadata_key_artist(), which would
return GRL_METADATA_KEY_ARTIST, obviously it wouldn't be extensible.

But right now, you can do grl_plugin_registry_lookup_metadata_key
("artist"), which would return the key.

The point of using having external variables like
GRL_METADATA_KEY_ARTIST instead of forcing user to use
grl_plugin_registry_lookup_metadata_key() is just for commodity. In
fact, with no new-defined keys from user or plugins, she needs to use
that function.

What actually is beginning to annoying me is those "problems" in
introspection. I'm not sure if they come due to design problems, or just
because nobody implemented it.

	J.A.