Re: [RFC] Rename =?UTF-8?Q?grl=5Fplugin=5Fregistry=5Fget=5Finstance=28=29?=

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:13:34 +0200, "Juan A. Suarez Romero"
<jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
> Hi.
>

> This is a minor request for renaming:
> grl_plugin_registry_get_instance()
> grl_plugin_registry_get_default()
>
> Reason is that in gstreamer, the function to get the GstRegistry is
> gst_registry_get_default(), and I think it would be good to use a
> similar name in Grilo, so people already knowing gstreamer would find
> this name more easily to remember. And our aim is to make Grilo a
> perfect mate for gstreamer.

I don't really see the point. Grilo is grilo and gstreamer is gstreamer. We
want to be a perfect mate for multimedia frameworks in general, not just gstreamer.
I would not change it for that reason.

Iago