Re: media_from_site API

El vie, 10-12-2010 a las 12:06 +0100, Juan A. Suarez Romero escribió:
> On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 11:59 +0100, Iago Toral Quiroga wrote:
> > But then we are not trying to be very generic I think and in that case
> > would not go for a more generic API that does not have clear use cases
> > other than the URI case, which was the point I was making.
> >

> Yes, I'm trying to be generic for the 1:1 case.
>
> For other cases, I think query() should be used.

And why not use query() also those other 1:1 cases?

My reasoning is this:
  - query is ok, but it is also plugin-specific and as such less
developer-friendly
  - But that is not a problem if the use cases are rare or, let's say,
not basic.

Now, that's why I asked if you had interesting use cases for reverse
metadata other than the URI of the media. If we don't have them, then I
rather go for the simplest API to solve that case and let the other
cases be handled with query(), which is even more generic, solving 1:1
and 1:N relations.

Iago