[vjaquez igalia com: RFC: grilo web client]

(forwarding to the list)
--- Begin Message ---
Right now many of the grilo plugins use gvfs for their HTTP operations, which
is simple and straight forward.

Nevertheless, gvfs doesn't provide many fine grained features which we may
like, just as cache and throttling. Also, gvfs is quite tied to gnome and it's
a huge dependency for just including it in non-gnome environments.

My current proposal is have an utility class for HTTP operations. Right now
I'm playing with a class called GrlWc (Grilo Web client), which uses
libsoup. Incrementally I'll add cache and throttling. Also, the interface
could be reused for other implementations for other platforms (using curl for
example).

vmjl

--- End Message ---