Re: "Bouncing" panning canvas

On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 20:15 +0100, Jeff wrote:
On 13/12/2018 11:34, Damon Chaplin wrote:
I would try rewriting the code to use gdk_device_get_position() and
doing calculations based on the root window coordinates.

This was an excellent idea, which vastly reduced the bouncing effect.

That's good. It was probably a time lag issue combined with using
coordinates from the window you were moving!

I'd also use the offset from the original button press coordinate
rather than from the last mouse position. That may or may not help a
bit more!

Damon