Re: Event woes for items with irregular shapes

Thanks for the patch. I'll check through it and apply it at some point.

On Sat, 2018-09-01 at 01:39 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:

Also note that if you care about portability to old (pre-C99)
systems,
the patch needs to be extended with configure checks for stdint.h and
uint32_t, and have alternative branches if any of those are missing.
I'd be happy to do that if you say so.

glib defines a guint32 which we can use for this.

+  if (cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) == CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB24)
+    return TRUE;

It might be a bit safer to do:

  if (cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) != CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32)
     return TRUE;

as its the only format we can handle.

We should also check it is an image surface, and maybe double-check we
don't go off the end of the buffer. But other than that it looks good.

I think the new GTK has broken GooCanvas quite a bit too, so it may
not have too much of a future.

Do you mean GTK+ 4 or the development/unstable release (3.23.x)?  I
havent't tried either, but that is unfortunate.

GTK+ 4, I think. I haven't tried it in a while though.

Damon