Re: [goocanvas] Motion event compression

On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 14:39 +0100, Felix Weilbach t-online de wrote:
I'm trying to deactivate motion compression on goocanvas, but it
dosen't have any effect.
I'm using goocanvas2.

The code to deactivate event compression:

gdk_win_canvas = gtk_widget_get_window(canvas);
gdk_window_set_event_compression(gdk_win_canvas, FALSE);

At the end I include the code sample that I'm using. With the same
sample with GtkDrawingArea instead of GooCanvas I get in 10 seconds
1400 motion events (drawing included and with a stylus). With
goocanvas, I get just 600 motion events (drawing excluded and also
with a stylus) in 10 seconds. If I turn on event compression in the
sample with GtkDrawingArea, I get also 600 motion events in 10
seconds, it seems to me that the call to gdk_set_event_compression()
has no effect on GooCanvas.

The events normally come from the internal window the canvas uses, so
in theory this should work better:

gdk_window_set_event_compression(GOO_CANVAS (canvas)->canvas_window,
FALSE);

Unfortunately it seems to be worse for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Damon