Re: how to do a hit-test

On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 11:46 -0400, dmg wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have another question,

lets assume I have a closed polygon. Is there a way to do a hit-test (test if
a point is inside the polygon). I know this is supported in cairo:

cairo_bool_t        cairo_in_fill                       (cairo_t *cr,
                                                         double x,
                                                         double y);

is there something equivalent in goocanvas?

Yes, you can set the "pointer-events" property to indicate which events
you want for an item. It defaults to only the painted parts of the item,
when visible, but you can change it to GOO_CANVAS_EVENTS_FILL so the
interior of the item always gets events.

(Have a look at the "Events" page in the demo.)

Damon