Re: performance of goocanvas

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Damon Chaplin <damonachaplin gmail com> wrote:
I don't think the problem is drawing. I put a "return;" statement at the
top of the GooCanvasPolyline's draw function so it didn't draw anything,
but it was just as slow!

I think the problem may be that you are sometimes changing items when
the canvas is scrolled, and this causes the canvas to have to
recalculate the bounds of lots of items, which is slow.

What changes are you making when the canvas is scrolled? Is there a way
to avoid them?

Thanks Damon, I will check and investigate and get back .

I _really_ appreciate the time you took to do this.

--daniel

--
--dmg

---