scrolling performance

Hi Damon, everybody else,

I have a question about how scrolling performance.

I have been doing some testing scrolling seems to be an expensive
operation.

Let me explain:

we try to be efficient at scrolling. We have a background process that
processes the requests for scrolling. This way we can throw away
requests that come faster than we can process them.

But it seems that in goocanvas the scrolling speed degrades very
quickly depending on how many items are in the canvas. With one: a big
pixmap, it works relatively well.

With few annotations, the performance is visibly degraded, and scrolling
is no longer responsive.

I have made sure that "redraw-when-scrolled" is FALSE.

is there anything else you recommend we can do to improve performance?

thanks again!

--daniel

--
Daniel M. German                  "One reason that life
                                   is complex is that