Re: missing button release event?

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 17:48 +0100, Paul Emsley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I create a goocanvas
>
>     GtkWidget *canvas = goo_canvas_new();
>     GooCanvas *gc = GOO_CANVAS(canvas);
>
> I then attached callbacks to it...
>
>        ... other callbacks ...
>        g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(goo_canvas_get_root_item(gc)),
>                 "button_release_event",
>                 G_CALLBACK(on_canvas_button_release), NULL);
>
>    This works fine almost all the time - however, there is one operation
> (a line addition) where the on_canvas_button_release callback doesn't
> get called (I added a print statement in it to check).  I can't think
> why it might not be being called.  Can you help?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
>
> p.s. code here: http://coot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lbg/lbg.cc

Are you creating an item underneath the mouse when the button is
pressed? The button release event may be being sent to that new item and
ignored.

I can't think of any other reason at the moment. It would be handy if
GooCanvas had some debugging support for events - i.e. output where
events are being sent.

Damon