Re: Feature request for better events support by items

В Tue, 03 May 2011 10:25:05 -0700
Brandon Lewis <dotsony triplehelix org> пишет:

> On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 10:34 +0600, Nikita Zlobin wrote:
> > I'm using version 0.15, and noticed, that it supports fixed amount
> > of events, where are e.g., no click event. Besides of such fixed
> > adding, it would be nice to allow user to register automatically
> > any event(s), as easy as they are enabled for widget (that should
> > be done before for canvas widget, i guess).
>
> I get the gist of what you're saying. Yes, this would be rather nice.
> In every goocanvas program I have ever written, I have had to build
> up the notion of click, double-click, and drag from lower-level mouse
> events.

I just need some solution for click and drag/drop. May you please point
to some?

I'm working at modular graph, for now based on goocanvas (later there
could be some opengl-based backend, like clutter). My problem is that i
will be sucked into army, and will not be available for at least one
year after May 17, and want to do as much as possible work. For now my
work is on stage of standalone test program (i'm only learning
goocanvas). Anyway, i will push stuff before to disappear :)

Btw... why not to add necessary support directly to goocanvas? Though
my problem is that i'm on gtk2 now, though all versions after 0.15
require gtk3 (or something like... 2.9999 :). And if it is have not to
be added to 0.15, i have to get this stuff for graph anyway.