'integer-layout' property

Hello,

I have been using the perl bindings for goocanvas for a few years now in
several of my applications (although I'm new to this mailing list). A
while back I finally figured out the trick to ensuring "clean"
horizontal and vertical lines on my canvases - namely that even-width
line coordinates should be integers and that odd-width line coordinates
should be "half-integers" (e.g. 0.5, 1.5, etc) due to the way cairo
treats coordinates. I next assumed that if I used a line width of 2px
and set the 'integer-layout' property to TRUE, my lines should be nice
and clean. This does not seem to be the case - they still look "fuzzy"
when passing non-integer coordinates to a goocanvas item.

I have confirmed that programmatically ensuring integer coordinates
results in "clean" 2px lines, while using the 'integer-layout' property
does not. Am I misunderstanding the use of this property? Any
clarification would be helpful. Thanks,

Jeremy