Re: goocanvas 1.91.x releases?

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 14:10 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:33 +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:50 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Could we have a goocanvas 1.91.1 release, to match the GTK+ 2.91.1
> > > release, please? I'd be happy to do the release if you like?
> > >
> > > I'd like this so that I can do a Glom release, and I'm sure it would be
> > > helpful to other people.
> >
> > The problem is that the new drawing code doesn't work yet.
> >
> > I might get around to looking at it next week. Or someone else could try
> > fixing it!
>
> Well, it would help me just to have a release that Glom can build
> against, even if that part of Glom's UI doesn't work.

OK. I've released 1.90.1:
  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/goocanvas/1.90/

I managed to get drawing working, I think. Though it still flickers when
zooming in & out.

The problem is that when the canvas is zoomed, we need to reposition the
window. When we do that X (or maybe GDK) scrolls the current contents,
which is useless to us and causes the flickering.

The old GooCanvas code used to temporarily map a window with no
background above the canvas, thus stopping X from scrolling the canvas
window. But that can't be used now, as the gdk_window_set_back_pixmap()
function was removed.

Anyone know a simpler way to avoid the flickering?

Damon