Re: Ideas for new API

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 22:28 +1000, Richard Gipps wrote:
> Damon,
>              I have used the model/view option when creating my own
> GooCanvas Classes (models/views) because I thought it may be useful in
> the future rather than because I specifically needed a model/view split.
> If this functionality is removed will writing custom GooCanvas items
> still be fairly straight forward?

Creating a subclass of GooCanvasItemSimple is exactly the same at the
moment - just define the 3 methods update/paint/get_item_at.

> When you say change the item XXX_new() functions do you mean get rid of
> them so that one has to use g_object_new( ) or do you have another
> cunning plan?

I'd like to keep the XXX_new() functions, as they are handy in C and
much faster than using GObject properties. I just wondered if there is a
slight variation that is better for bindings.

Damon