Re: Image Animation feature gone awry

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 03:02 +0200, Marc Ford wrote:
> I am having an interesting issue with the Animation feature
> goo_canvas_item_animate from GooCanvasItem

I just realized what this is. The animation changes the item's
transformation matrix over time, rather than its "x" and "y"
coordinates.

So when passing arguments to goo_canvas_item_animate() you need to
specify how you want the transformation matrix to be changed.

In your case you just want the origin to move in a vertical direction,
e.g.:

$canvas_image->animate (0, $y_offset, 1, 0, TRUE, 5000,
                        100, 'GOO_CANVAS_ANIMATE_FREEZE');

I need to fix the documentation for this.

Damon