Re: goocanvas.Table: expand /align problems

Hi,

  can someone tell me what's wrong with the code below?
  I dont't seem to understand align and fill for a table layout

> But it behaves differently from what I'd expect. I'd like to have a
> rectangle to expand to all the space it has the cell:

  import gtk
  import goocanvas

  window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)

  canvas = goocanvas.Canvas()
  window.add (canvas)

  root = canvas.get_root_item()
  table = goocanvas.Table(parent=root)

  text = goocanvas.Text(parent=table, text="simple text")
  table.set_child_properties(text, row = 0, column = 0,)

  rect = goocanvas.Rect(parent=table, height=20, fill_color="red")
  table.set_child_properties(rect, row = 1, column = 0,
                                   x_fill=True, x_expand=True, x_align=1)

but what  I see is that:

    1. the rectangle doesn't expand
    2. the align is at the beginnning of the cell (ignoring x_align=1)

am I wrong? Should the rectangle (to which I have not set a width) expand?

sandro

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)
http://sqlkit.argolinux.org        SQLkit home page - PyGTK/python/sqlalchemy