Re: ANNOUNCE: GooCanvas 0.15

Le lundi 29 juin 2009 à 21:03 +0100, Damon Chaplin a écrit :
> GooCanvas 0.15 is now available at:

This is a great news, thanks.

>  o Fixed a bug that caused a hang when using GooCanvasWidget with
>    accessibility support turned on.

Hum, had integrated 0.14 in GComris and was facing intermittent locks
with an accessibility related error. I though it was a bug on my side
but hopefully it is the issue you fixed.

>  o Added "scale-to-fit" property to GooCanvasImage, to scale the image
>    to the "width" and "height" settings, instead of just clipping.

Excellent, I made a dirty patch last week to have a scale to fit by
default. It made me possible to make my animation tool with image
rescaling by anchors.

By the way, I suggest to make this option the default. In my experience
I never met a need for the clipping feature. Is there some goocanvas
users here really using the clipping for images ?

If someone use it, they will just have to add "clipping=true" to fix it.
To me it is important to keep the API consistant, by default all items
do scale, there is no reason not to follow this rule for the image.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids