Re: [Goocanvas-devel] fill/stroke_color_rgba on 32-bit machines using python bindings

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
Le vendredi 17 avril 2009 à 00:20 -0700, Brandon Lewis a écrit :
I am having some difficulty with setting colors on goocanvas objects on 32-bit machines. Essentially what I do is pack the values from a gtk.gdk.Color object into a 32-bit word and assign it to the fill/stroke color properties.

The problem is that on 32-bit machines, some color values exceed python's limit on the size of an int (since it has no unsigned type) and get promoted to longs. When this happens, the goocanvas bindings can't convert the value (which is still only 32-bits wide)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

You can force python to set a long value by appending an L at the end of
the value like in color_rgba= 0xF44B9DFFL

But then goocanvas will reject it. All this does is specify that the literal value is a long. The issue is that goocanvas refuses to convert python longs to ints even when the value would fit within 32-bits.