Re: grid

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 17:35 +0300, z pekar gmail com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a GooCanvasImage with GooCanvasEllipse being added and removed
> from it. I need to place a grid on all this stuff in order to make
> placing of GooCanvasEllipse upon the image more accurate. What is the
> best way to do it? - draw it with paths or maybe use tables somehow?
> thank you
> Z. Pekar

I did this with lines.

Using C++ (and some awkward multiple inheritance) I created a whole
heirarchy of canvas items that can snap to the grid, or to rules. That's
in Glom. for its (unfinished) print layouts. If you are using C then
it's probably not that useful to you, but maybe it helps to know that
somebody else has done this.

I think this kind of high-level functionality should be in a library
really.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com